Your Business is Our Business
Historic Sackets Harbor is located on the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario with safe harbors, wonderful vistas and excellent marinas. Some of our greatest assets include:
- A protected harbor with public boat launches and several marinas
- A peaceful and scenic Village and Town with first-rate restaurants and retail shops
- An excellent K-12 School in the village with small classes and outstanding teachers
- A rich history dating back to the early 19th century, including a War of 1812 battlefield
- An International Airport 15 minutes away in The Town of Hounsfield
- A very large inventory of rental properties, private homes and outstanding building lot developments with complete infrastructure
- Robust visitor and tourist traffic
- A variety of cultural attractions including museums, art galleries and a comedy club
- A full calendar of events and activities along with festivals and historic reenactments
- A primary care facility providing families with quality health care only minutes away
- A new three-mile walking and biking trail through the heart of the village and along the scenic waterfront
- A 15-minute drive to a large mall as well as “big box” stores like Target, Lowes, Home Depot, Kohls and many other major retail chains and restaurants
- Some of the finest bass, trout and salmon fishing, world class waterfowl and upland game shooting and deer hunting in the world.
What Can We Do For You?
We are prepared to assist potential business of any type and size in locating a site, accessing necessary permits and licenses as well as referrals to local organizations such as the Sackets Harbor Local Development Corporation (LDC) and the Jefferson County Industrial Development Authority (JCIDA), that are equipped to meet with you to introduce you to the community and expedite the “startup” process. These services include the following:
- Providing a tour the area, introducing current business operators and showing potential sites to fit your needs.
- The LDC has a 70 acre industrial site ready for development.
- Business planning and applications for loans through the LDC fund and JCIDA
- Assist you with any planning and zoning issues that arise
- Offer “real time” communication and help in getting your business up and running