The Sackets Harbor Experience Group Tour – 2017
The Sackets Harbor Experience Tour, for groups traveling by motor coach, begins its 14th season!
• Eight miles west of Watertown (NY) and Interstate Route 81
• Forty miles south of the 1000 Islands
• One hour north of Syracuse (NY)
• A New York State Heritage Area community
• National Register listed districts and structures
• A top ten War of 1812 national site
• Restaurants, shops, scenic vistas
• Include lunch or dinner in your visit
Three hour guided tour with a costumed step-on-guide, $10 per traveler, includes:
A Driving Tour of the Sackets Harbor 1813 Battle route with sweeping vistas of Lake Ontario, plus the village core’s diverse architecture.
Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site: Navy commander’s home reflecting life in 1860; War of 1812 galleries, and gift shop.
Village of Sackets Harbor Visitors’ Center: community founder’s 1803 home is the showplace for an excellent orientation film and gallery displays.
United Presbyterian Church: the sanctuary showcases Tiffany windows and an impressive pipe organ.
The Sackets Harbor community boasts a rich cultural and architectural history.
Come visit us this season!
Contact: Constance Barone, Site Manager, Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site, Box 27, 504 West Main St., Sackets Harbor, NY 13685, 315-646-3634, Constance.Barone@parks.ny.gov